Sunday, December 7, 2014

Thankful



















Gratitude is where it's at, people. Actively practicing gratitude was something that was first introduced to me - really introduced as a spiritual practice - on Oprah's Super Soul Sunday. Of course, when I was little, my parents talked about being thankful, gracious and vocal for all of our blessings, but it wasn't ever something I actively thought about, and explored, as an adult. 

As I continue to learn about my spirituality, gratitude is something that I have found to be incredibly therapeutic. Here are a few of the wonderful things I'm thankful for recently. 
  1. A rewarding career that challenges me every single day, and amazing coworkers that make each day so enjoyable.
  2. A family that's unrelentingly supportive, and is always there when I need inspiration.
  3. A loving relationship with my best friend.
  4. A group of friends that I wouldn't replace for the world. These people make my life whole.
  5. My apartment. It's my sanctuary.
  6. Our Christmas tree. It smells so freakin' good right now in our apartment (+ our cranberry  spice candle).
  7. This glass of red wine.
  8. Fresh, folded laundry. It's basically the only thing we accomplished on this lazy Sunday, and we're damn proud of it. 
  9. My workout today. It was embarrassingly the first time I had worked out in a long time (too long to admit here), so it felt unbelievable to move my body. Already planned a yoga class for tomorrow morning.
  10. Planning our trip to Machu Picchu in Peru! We're just starting our research for our trip in early 2015, and it's so exciting to map out the adventure together.
Hope you have a lovely week, all! Xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment